This one was so good I made it two days in a row, with a different garnish each day. The first day I used cinnamon, the second I used nutmeg. I prefer the nutmeg (pictured below), and not just because it came straight from Grenada when my mom picked it up on her cruise. It’s a much mellower spice than cinnamon, and harmonizes well with the banana.
Banana Bliss Smoothie
- 1/2 cup homemade or plain yogurt
- 1 banana
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash of pineapple juice
- Optional: cinnamon or nutmeg to garnish
Blend all ingredients except for the optional spices. Serve in a 20-oz. glass with nutmeg or cinnamon (or both) sprinkled on top.
Or try these variations:
- Peanut Butter-Banana Bliss: Omit the pineapple juice and add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Strawberry-Banana Bliss: Omit the ice cubes and add 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries. Increase honey to taste.