What is a banorango (ban-o-rang-go) smoothie? It’s a smoothie made of three delicious ingredients.
It’s a cinch to make and a refreshing drink on hot summer days. Throw these three items into your blender and serve it up in a tall glass:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup orange juice
Using just a few ingredients, you could do endless variations on this basic recipe. The key to remember is:
banana + juice + frozen fruit = win
Try any one of these variations—if you have fresh fruit instead of frozen, add some ice to chill the smoothie:
- Banapingo: Banana, frozen mango, pineapple juice.
- Banoranpple: Banana, orange juice, frozen apple slices
- Strawbanorange: Frozen strawberries, banana, orange juice.
- Bluebanorange: Frozen blueberries, banana, orange juice.
- Raspinana: Frozen raspberries, pineapple juice, banana.
- Peachoranana: Frozen peaches, orange juice, banana.
And so on, and so on. Let me know if you come up with any great three-ingredient smoothie recipes I should try. Weird names are strictly optional (but encouraged!).