Here are a few of the smoothies I’ve come up with. All are compliant with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. This means the only sugars allowed are honey and natural sugars from fruit, and the only dairy allowed is from SCD 24-hour fermented yogurt. Some smoothies are also suitable for paleo/primal diets.
*Dairy-free, grain-free, processed sugar-free, vegetarian
- Berrylicious Breakfast Blend—Bursting with berries to perk up your morning.
- Cilantro Pineapple Smoothie—A vegan green smoothie with no added sweeteners.
- Tropical Smoothie—Mango and pineapple meld together for a match made in…Maine?
- Strawberry Smoothie Criminal—You’ve been hit by, you’ve been struck by, a smoothie criminal.
- Banorango Smoothie—Just three ingredients create the mother of all simple, versatile smoothies.
*Grain-free, processed sugar-free, vegetarian
- SCD Peanut Butter Smoothie—This calorie-dense smoothie is great for SCDers who are looking to gain some weight back.
- Silky Strawberry Smoothie—For strawberry-lovers who don’t like getting seeds in their teeth.
- Banana Bliss Smoothie—Go bananas for this smooth, creamy drink.